Top 10 Most Popular Twitter Accounts
Last week Twitter celebrated the 8th anniversary with the launch of an online tool to find your first tweet was met. In this article we share the first tweets of the 10 most popular Twitter accounts.
The top 10 most popular Twitter accounts (and their first tweet) On March 21, 2006, Jack Dorsey (co-founder of Twitter) published that is considered the first tweet of the story, which claimed to be setting its “twtrr”. Yet the project had no definite name.
just setting up my twttr
– Jack Dorsey (jack) March 21, 2006 Actually, before that tweet were published another 19 that were deleted: eight days before Evan Williams, Biz Stone and Noah Glass, by Jack Dorsey, began working in the social network that would forever change the way we communicate online. The tweet does the number 29 (from 21 to 28 repeats 20), also published in March 21, he was invited by Jack Dorsey to your coworkers to collaborate on the new tool.
– Jack Dorsey (jack) March 21, 2006
That date, March 21, 2006 is chosen by its creators as the birth of Twitter, having met this year, so eight years. Although the official launch of the platform would not take place until July 15, 2006. To celebrate, Twitter celebrated it with a tool whose purpose is to know what the first tweet each user: #FirsTweet. And using this tool and sorting followers, Mashable has made info-graph we share, with the first tweets of the 10 most popular Twitter accounts. Recall that Katy Perry with 51.7 million, is the most followed account, followed by Justin Bieber with 50.5 million followers.
The 10 most popular Twitter accounts. The standings for followers at the time of this writing, is as follows.
- Katy Perry (katyperry, 51.7 M followers)
- Justin Bieber (justinbieber, 50.5 M)
- Barack Obama (BarackObama, 42.2)
- Lady Gaga (ladygaga, 41.1)
- YouTube (youtube, 40.6)
- Taylor Swift (@ taylorswift13, 39.9)
- Britney Spears (britneyspears, 36.5)
- Rihanna (rihanna, 34.6)
- Instagram (instagram, 31.5)
- Justin Timberlake (jtimberlake, 31.4)